Nestled at 4,000 feet in Nantahala National Forest, you will find one of the best small towns in the south, Highlands, North Carolina. A charming mountain town where outdoor adventurers come to explore, surrounded by the peaks and valleys of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are known for many things, from the spectacular cascading waterfalls to the annual Highlands Food and Wine Festival that attracts thousands of foodies throughout the southeast. This popular culinary event returns November 10-13 for four days of exquisite wine, mouthwatering food, and world-class music.
Whether you are looking for a place to stay for the event or have stumbled upon the festival for the first time, Highlands Vacation Rentals has you covered! We are incredibly excited to present one of the signature events at the festival this year: A Generous Pour. And when you need a place to stay, choose from over 90 vacation rentals on the Highlands and Cashiers plateau with Highlands Vacation Rentals.
We are proud to present this year’s Generous Pour event on November 11th at 2nd Street and Spring Street. All proceeds from this event will be donated to the Louis Osteen Legacy Scholarship. Here is what you can expect with your ticket to Generous Pour:
- Wine tastings hosted by winemakers and vintners
- Access to post-dinner bites and treats
- Live music will be presented by Durand Jones & The Indications.
Highlands Food & Wine Festival
Five signature events are available throughout the weekend at the Highlands Food & Wine Festival, in addition to several wine dinners and special events. Signature events are sold out this year, but you can join the ticket waitlist here.
- Grand Tasting: Join the kick-off event of the festival, where you can try wine from around the world, sample food, and listen to live music.
- Truckin’: This event offers innovative food trucks, craft cocktails, and live music.
- Main Event: This is the ultimate event of the weekend, featuring the famous oyster roast, esteemed chefs, musical performances, craft cocktails, cold brews, and wines.
- Sunday Shindig: The festival ends with the Sunday shindig offering flavorful bites, a bloody mary bar, and craft cocktails.
Highlands Vacation Rentals near the Festival
If you are interested in attending the Highlands Food and Wine Festival and are looking for a place to stay, choose Highlands Vacation Rentals. We represent over 90 vacation rentals in the Highlands-Cashiers Plateau. Easily access the festival events with our Walk to Town properties or stay in the heart of nature with our Mountain View rentals. Whether you are traveling solo or with your extended family, we have the perfect vacation rental waiting for you in Highlands!