The Bear Shadow Festival returns this April, bringing three days of music and daytime activities to the beautiful Highlands Plateau. Shake off your hibernation and spend springtime celebrating music in the mountains! Choose Highlands Vacation Rentals to host your group for the festival, and enjoy plenty of space to spread out in our spacious properties! Read on to learn more about this year’s happenings.
2023 Bear Shadow Festival Line-Up
The 2023 Bear Shadow Festival brings headliners Spoon, The Head and the Heart, & Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit to the stage. Other musical guests include Fruit Bats, Lissie, Neal Francis, Myron Elkins, Amethyst Kiah, and Woody Platt & Shannon Whitworth. Listen to the Bear Shadow 2023 Spotify playlist to get acquainted with the artists playing this year!
In addition, to live music, the festival also offers fun daytime activities to get you ready for the show, including:
- Summit & Sound: This event consists of a guided hike with conservation experts through Highlands scenic trails, followed by intimate performances from Bear Shadow artists.
- Live Stream: Experience a half day of fly fishing on private waters guided by local fly fishing outfitters and Woody Platt of the band Steep Canyon Rangers.
- Bearfoot in the Park: Head to Kelsey-Hutchinson Park for a one-hour flow class to get your workout in before the festival!
Bear Shadow is proud to contribute to the environmental conservation and preservation of the Highlands. $25 of every ticket supports local conservation organizations, such as Sky Valley-Scaly Mountain Volunteer Fire & Rescue.
Where to Stay in Highlands, NC
At Highlands Vacation Rentals, we represent over 90 properties in the Highlands-Cashiers plateau. Ranging from one to five bedrooms, we offer something for everyone! Here are a few examples of rentals perfect for Bear Shadow:
- Into the Woods: This one-bedroom suite is ideal for couples attending the festival, offering easy access to everything downtown has to offer!
- Mountain Zen: This three-bedroom cottage is perfect for groups who want private outdoor space, complete with a creek and wrap-around porch.
- Wylde Time: One of our most spacious properties featuring five bedrooms for up to twelve guests.